Friday, March 16, 2012

KITCHEN REVEAL!!

I'm really excited about this kitchen makeover! These started out as typical golden stained oak cabinets. The homeowner had the cabinet maker do some magic. He added feet (for a furniture look)  in selected areas and visually raised some top cabinets using crown molding which added major detail to the original cabinets. Then I did "my thing" ~ Three different finishes. A black raisin with glaze is the darkest. Dark ash distressed and glazed finish met up with the dark. The island has a crackle finish with glaze and topped off with a metallic foil on the door profile. Sorry I don't have any before pictures. I actually didn't see this kitchen layout before I started the project. The homeowners (thinking they were going to tackle this project) had removed all the cabinets! They gave me a call ... were they in over their heads!!? The granite is also new. They are waiting on a diamond shaped tile back splash; then it will be complete!